Saturday, July 11, 2009

Flashback Time!


I am sitting here watching a Bachman/Cummings DVD and it reminded me of a time I briefly met the Guess Who. The year was 1970. Our economics class was on a field trip to the airport in Chattanooga, Tennessee (don't ask!) when a group came off of a private Lear jet and walked into the lobby surrounded by staff. Mom had always taught me not to talk to strangers so I was rather freaked out when this long haired bearded guy in a fringed buckskin jacket and jeans came up to me and said "Hi there. How are you doing, man?" Several minutes later I found out that they were the Guess Who coming to town for a concert. The guy who spoke to me was one of their guitarists, Greg Leskiw. He was a replacement along with Kurt Winter when Burton Cummings left the group for a solo career. I found out later that Greg stayed with them for a short time and then moved on to several other groups. This was my introduction to the hippie era. I had a signed photo of the group I got from them there but it was probably thrown away in one of our moves and is gone now.

1 comment:

J said...

I had the privilege of seeing Bachman/Cummings in concert last year. I know I don't have the same appreciation of them but man was it an awesome experience.