Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

Sorry I have been neglecting this blog for so long. My photography has occupied a lot of time and I have yet another cat! That makes 13 and we have officially gone past saturation here. A month ago I came home to find a little black cat waiting for me in the driveway. I named her Laila, which means "dark beauty", and I've been working to tame this very shy girl.

Last week I got special permission to photograph some animals at the private St. Augustine Wild Reserve. They normally do not allow photography so this was a wonderful chance to capture some beautiful cats and other animals there. They take in animals that are confiscated or are surrendered by owners. Here are a few nice shots I took there:

A beautiful cougar in a pensive mood.


 An arctic fox once owned by Michael Jackson. Though very shy, she wanted to be friends and she came up and licked my hand.


A rather irritated black panther. I had to watch myself with this one as I suspect she wanted to rip my throat out.


I white tiger in a very playful mood. She rolled over on her back and I snapped this shot while standing over her.


I hope you enjoyed seeing these as much as I enjoyed capturing these magnificent creatures. I will post a few more shots from the reserve in my next post as there were just too many good shots to cram all of them into this post. Until then, all the best to you!

3 comments:

Anji said...

Great to see you back again. The picture of the cougar is amazing. I can't believe that people are allowed to own these animals, they should be in the wild.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.


I visit your blog when I’m on on ExposeYourBlog!

Don said...

WAY cool pics!! And welcome back to BlogLand! (And http://exposeyourblog.com!) Love wild animals!! Especially the cats.

Don
http://exposeyourblog.com

cube said...

Oh, you know I love me those cats. Those photos are intense and just the ability to photograph them up close would surely be a wonderful experience. Lucky duck!